No-Rinse Spray & Tank Cleaner
NuGenTec’s AquaKlean STC-HT is a highly alkaline, very low-foaming, zero VOC liquid cleaner. AquaKlean STC-HT features flash rust inhibitors that provide extended indoor rust protection for up to 90 days. Because it has no cloud point, AquaKlean STC-HT remains clear at all operating temperatures, allowing for maximum cleaning efficiency and ease of determining soil levels in the cleaning solution.
Compared to conventional highly alkaline cleaners, AquaKlean STC-HT’s formula has a lower conductivity, and therefore allows faster rinsing and zero spotting. For heavy-duty flash rust prevention, AquaKlean STC-HT can also be left on surfaces while still achieving zero spotting.
Directions for Use
AquaKlean STC-HT is effective at ambient temperatures. However, it is normally used at 1 – 10% by volume of water at 110–165 °F for five seconds to five minutes. The parameters can vary depending on the type and extent of soils being removed. Temperatures may be increased slightly for shorter time cycles.
Safe for use on steel, cast iron, and magnesium. DO NOT USE on aluminum, copper, zinc, lead, tin, or their alloys (brass, bronze, etc.).
- AquaKlean STC-HT is a highly alkaline cleaner (see below) formulated for use as a ferrous metal and stainless steel spray and tank cleaner and degreaser.
- Can be used at ambient temperatures.
- Lower conductivity than most conventional highly alkaline cleaners; therefore allows for faster rinsing.
- Ideal for high soil loading and fast, complete rinsing, or “no rinse” applications.
- AquaKlean STC-HT is a solvent free, zero VOC product (see below).
- Removes inks, polishing and buffing compounds, grease, oils, chlorinated oils, fingerprints, metalworking fluids, carbonaceous deposits, and more.
- Releases metal complexes during water treatment.
- Built-in corrosion inhibitor in cleaner (flash rust inhibitor).
- NFPA: 3, 0, 0, corrosive
- Form: Amber liquid
- Non-silicated, very low foam
Cleaning with Alkalines vs. Acids
When selecting a cleaning agent, it’s important to note the cleaner’s pH level. The pH level of cleaning products indicates how alkaline or acidic they are. The pH scale ranges from 0 to 14—cleaners rated from 0 to 6 are acidic (0 being most acidic), those rated 7 are neutral, and those rated from 8 to 14 are alkaline (14 being most alkaline).
- Acidic solutions are best suited to removing calcium, rust, and other mineral deposits.
- Neutral solutions, such as dish soap, are generally safe to use for cleaning almost any material and are effective at removing an array of contaminants.
- Alkaline solutions are better at removing dirt, grease, oils, and other organic contaminants.
NuGenTec’s AquaKlean STC-HT is a highly alkaline cleaner, but, unlike other high-alkaline solutions, it is a low-VOC product (see below). AquaKlean STC-HT safely and effectively cuts through greases and oils, inks, buffing and polishing compounds, and much more.
- To the best of our knowledge, this product is California Prop 65 compliant.
Zero VOC Cleaner
Volatile Organic Compounds, or VOCs, are a group of common chemicals that off-gas harmful vapors into the ambient atmosphere where they’re stored and/or used. These vapors often cannot be smelled or otherwise detected. Exposure to VOCs can present significant health risks, from eye, nose, and throat irritation, headaches, and more caused by short-term exposure over the course of hours or days, to cancer and permanent liver, kidney, or nervous system damage caused by years of extended exposure. People with asthma or heightened sensitivity to chemicals, the elderly, and young children are especially susceptible to the effects of VOCs.
For health reasons, it is best to limit or avoid exposure to VOCs. As a zero VOC cleaner, AquaKlean STC-HT is completely free of chemicals that off-gas harmful vapors. It is safe for long-term use in any cleaning application.
Contact Us for Zero VOC, Highly Alkaline AquaKlean Liquid Cleaner
NuGenTec’s AquaKlean STC-HT liquid cleaner is ideal for cleaning ferrous metals and stainless steel in spray and tank cleaning application. Request a quote or contact us today to learn more about this zero VOC, highly alkaline cleaner.