AquaKlean® Aqueous Cleaning Agents & Water Based Degreasers
All of NuGenTec’s eco-friendly AquaKlean® aqueous industrial cleaning agents and degreasers are specially engineered to replace older chemistries that are environmentally unsound or dangerous for workers to use.
Each product in this line has been carefully formulated for a specific application, from eco-friendly degreasers and ultrasonic cleaning solutions to industrial multimetal cleaners and more. In many cases, these products have replaced solvent-based cleaners which are no longer compliant with state or federal VOC (volatile organic compound) regulations.
- To the best of our knowledge, this product is California Prop 65 compliant.
Safe, Eco-Friendly Industrial Cleaning Products
NuGenTec’s AquaKlean eco-friendly cleaning products improve worker safety and alleviate environmental issues by eliminating hazardous waste generation and greenhouse gas emissions. AquaKlean aqueous cleaning agents have the highest level of biodegradability in their respective classes.
The AquaKlean line represents some of NuGenTec's best and most effective industrial cleaning solutions. We produce environmentally friendly degreasers, surfactants, detergents, and cleaners, all designed for multimetal cleaning processes like agitated tank, ultrasonic, and high- or low-pressure spray cleaning.
AquaKlean green cleaning products range from pH neutral cleaners to acidic to high-alkaline, meeting the needs for most industrial cleaning processes. Most AquaKlean multimetal cleaners are safe for use on aluminum, aluminum alloys, brass, bronze, cast iron, copper, cuprous-alloys, magnesium, steel, stainless steel, and titanium.
Eco Friendly Degreasers, Ultrasonic Cleaning Detergents & More
AquaKlean products are some of the industry’s best and most effective multimetal cleaning chemicals. They contain built-in flash rust protection and are non-silicated, as silicates, such as silicone oils, often cause adhesion problems in subsequent processing steps like plating, painting, and electropolishing/electrocoating.
AquaKlean products are specially formulated for potent cleaning power on both ferrous and non-ferrous metals, as well as mixed metal and multi-metal surfaces. The AquaKlean family of eco-friendly industrial cleaners includes:
- Alkaline spray tank cleaner
- Aluminum-safe non-silicated liquid multimetal cleaner
- Aqueous industrial cleaning and degreasing agent
- Die cast aluminum cleaner
- Highly alkaline cleaner and etchant
- Interior and exterior building cleaner
- Liquid industrial multimetal cleaner
- Mild alkaline cleaner for tank cleaning
- Mild alkaline cleaner for ultrasonic cleaning
- Non-silicated liquid industrial multimetal cleaner
- pH-neutral aqueous liquid cleaner
- pH-neutral multimetal cleaner
- Silicate-free liquid cleaner and rust inhibitor
- Ultra heavy-duty highly alkaline liquid cleaner/degreaser/rust remover/descale for aerospace parts cleaning
- Zero VOC highly alkaline spray and tank cleaner
- Zero VOC highly alkaline spray and tank cleaner with flash rust protection
AquaKlean STC-HT Industrial Metal Cleaner
AquaKlean STC-HT is a highly alkaline, non-foaming industrial metal cleaning designed for spray and tank cleaning processes. Featuring built-in flash rust protection, STC-HT is among the strongest cast iron and steel cleaners, degreasers, and rust and carbonaceous deposit removers in the AquaKlean family.
What is Aqueous Cleaning?
Aqueous cleaning utilizes water as the primary solvent, usually combined with one or more of the following additives: anti-foaming solutions, builders, chelating agents, deflocculants, detergents, emulsifiers, inhibitors, pH buffers, and surfactants. The pH of aqueous cleaning agents can be altered to increase their cleaning power against specific contaminants; for example, special formulations are available for the removal of scale, rust, oxides, salts, organic soils, and grease, among other contaminants.
Aqueous cleaners are preferred over “traditional” solvent-based cleaners for a number of reasons. Using aqueous cleaning agents reduce or eliminate environmental pollution and the human health and safety hazards that solvents can produce. Government environmental regulations continue to make many solvents more expensive and harder to properly dispose of; many harsh chemicals once used in cleaning solvents have been outlawed completely as governments and businesses have become increasingly concerned about the negative consequences of their continued use.
Benefits of Water Based Degreasers vs. Solvent Based Degreasers
- Thanks to advances in chemistry, water based degreasers and industrial cleaning agents can deliver cleaning power equal to or greater than their solvent based equivalents.
- Water based degreasers and cleaners are more eco-friendly cleaning products, and therefore offer better compliance with EPA and other regulations.
- Because their primary ingredient is water, water based degreasers/cleaners require no special considerations for safe storage and handling.
- With no harmful vapors and minimal risk of skin irritation on contact, water based degreasers and cleaners require no protective equipment for safe use, which reduces operating costs.
- Though spent water based degreasers still need to be properly disposed of, the lack of hazardous chemicals makes the waste removal process cheaper and easier.
Contact Us for Eco-Friendly Cleaning Solutions for Industrial Applications
NuGenTec's AquaKlean aqueous cleaning agents and water based degreasers are the powerful-yet-safe industrial cleaning solutions you need. Request a quote or contact us today to learn more about these uniquely formulated green cleaning products.