SuperGreen® Eco-Friendly Industrial Cleaners & Degreasers
NuGenTec’s SuperGreen® line of eco-friendly industrial cleaners and all purpose degreasers are specially formulated to removed dirt, grease, and oil. SuperGreen® products are highly effective, cost efficient, non-hazardous, and biodegradable. As defined under Sara 311, 312, and 313, these cleaning products contain no known hazardous materials and will not harm sewage-treatment microorganisms, making them safer for people and the environment. SuperGreen® cleaners are a safer alternative to the more hazardous “traditional” cleaning products on the market.
The SuperGreen® product line includes:
- Green degreasers
- Precision cleaning agents
- Heavy duty cleaning solutions for industrial applications and floor scrubbers
- All purpose degreaser
- Environmentally friendly carpet cleaner
- Green bathroom cleaners
- Tub and tile cleaning products
- Eco-friendly window cleaner
See individual product listings (below) for additional information and specifications.
Features of SuperGreen® Products
- 100% bio-based
- Solvent free
- Non-hazardous formula
- Non-toxic cleaners and all purpose degreasers
- Low VOCs (most contain no VOCs)
- Certified SCAQMD CACC (Clean Air Choices Cleaners)
Acidic Cleaners vs. Alkaline Cleaners
The pH level of a cleaning product is a good indicator of its cleaning performance. The pH scale ranges from 0 to 14. Cleaners rated from 0 to 6 are acidic (0 is the most acidic); those rated from 8 to 14 are alkaline (14 being the most alkaline); anything with a pH of 5.5 to 8.5 is generally considered neutral (or basic).
- pH 0-2: “Mineral acid cleaners” are ideal for removing heavy oxide scales
- pH 2-5.5: “Mild acids” are used to clean away inorganic salts and water soluble metal complexes
- pH 5.5-8.5: “Neutral cleaners” are best suited to removing light oils and small particles
- pH 8.5-11: “Mild alkalines” are better at cutting through oil, particulates, and films
- pH 11-12.5: “Alkaline cleaners” are used to remove oils, fats, proteins, etc.
- pH 12.5-14: “Heavily alkaline solutions” are the best choice for removing heavy grease and soils
NuGenTec’s SuperGreen® eco-friendly industrial cleaners range from neutral to alkaline, providing potent cleaning power for a wide range of applications. We have the right solution for your toughest cleaning challenges.
Industrial Cleaners vs. Degreasers
What’s the difference between a “cleaner” and a “degreaser”? In general, all degreasers are cleaners, but not all cleaners are degreasers. A degreaser is a type of cleaner that is specifically formulated to remove grease. Many all purpose cleaners can also be used to remove at least some grease, although tougher grease deposits will require a dedicated degreaser. Conversely, a product labeled as an “all purpose degreaser” will not necessarily provide good all-around cleaning characteristics. Most degreasers are more alkaline than all purpose cleaners, as higher alkalinity is more effective against grease and other organic soils.
Low VOC Cleaners & Degreasers
VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) are a large group of common chemicals that produce harmful vapors under everyday circumstances. These vapors, many of which cannot be smelled or otherwise detected, are off-gassed into the ambient atmosphere and can cause significant health risks. Short-term exposure (hours or days) to VOCs can cause eye, nose, and throat irritation, headaches, nausea, and more; long-term exposure (years of extended/repeated contact) can cause cancer, permanent liver, kidney, or nervous system damage, among other health hazards.
For health reasons, it is best to limit or avoid any exposure to VOCs. Most products in the SuperGreen® line contain zero VOCs, while others contain very low levels of VOCs.
Contact Us for the Eco-Friendly Industrial Cleaners You Need
NuGenTec’s SuperGreen® products combine potent cleaning power with safe, environmentally-friendly formulations to give you green solutions for a variety of cleaning challenges. Request a quote or contact us to learn more about SuperGreen® eco-friendly industrial cleaners and all purpose degreasers.