NuKoat RP 220 is an aqueous, non-nitrated liquid rust inhibitor designed for protecting ferrous metals during in-process operations that require temporary rust inhibition. NuKoat RP 220 will provide dry indoor rust inhibition for up to 20 weeks, depending on conditions. NuKoat RP 220 is a low odor, non-staining product that is free of other undesirable constituents. The environmentally friendly formula for easy disposal and handling.
NuKoat RP 220 is applied by either spray or immersion. For maximum indoor protection use full strength. Coatings can be heat-treated. NuKoat PR 220 will not interfere with most finishing operations. If desired can be easily removed with a mild cleaner. NuKoat RP 220 is free of silicates and hydroxides that interfere with the heat treating operation. It produces a dry organic film which produces no adverse effects when exposed to high temperatures. Immerse parts from 15-60 seconds depending on the application.
Non-nitrated – prevents formations of nitrosamines.
- Non-Caustic – eliminates caustic dry down.
- Silicate free – eliminates silicate dry downs that can interfere with subsequent coatings.
- Non-emulsifying – floats oils allowing skimming to extend tank life and facilitate disposal.
- Non-foaming – allows for use in unheated spray washers.
- Bio-resistant – aids in tank life and pH control.
- To the best of our knowledge, this product is California Prop 65 compliant.
Typical Usage Parameters: