Non-Flammable, Non-Hazardous Aerosol Defluxing Solvent
A common byproduct of soldering and similar PCB and electronics production processes, flux residue consists of trace remnants of flux and/or flux activator that were not fully volatized from the component’s surface. Often acidic, flux residue can react with moisture when voltage is applied, causing electromigration, electrical current leakage, and other problems. Thorough flux removal is therefore key to electronics manufacturing. Defluxing solvents are specially formulated fluids used to eliminate flux residue in, on, and around electrical circuitry.
NuGenTec’s FluoSolv® D-Flux is an azeotropic blend of a proprietary fluorinated fluid mixture, trans-dichloroethylene, cyclopentane, and methanol. It is a highly effective flux remover for many commonly used fluxes, including no-clean fluxes. This formula’s combination of chemical solvency and physical properties (high density, low surface tension, and low viscosity) provides optimal performance in challenging applications.
Drop-In Replacement for Harsh “Traditional” Flux Removers
FluoSolv® D-Flux is a drop-in replacement for n-propyl bromide (nPB), Honeywell Solstice, and similar “traditional” defluxing solvents that contain harsh and/or hazardous chemicals. Recent studies have shown that exposure to nPB and similar chemicals can potentially cause health problems. Replacing these chemicals in flux removers and other cleaning solutions helps provide a safer work environment.
Because it is a direct, drop-in replacement for nPB, etc., no special equipment or equipment modifications are required to start using Flusolv® D-Flux.
NuGenTec FluoSolv® D-Flux offers outstanding performance as a flux remover, while improving workplace and environmental safety.
- Non-ozone depleting chemical (ODC)
- Drop-in replacement; no equipment modifications required
- Low global warming potential (GWP)
- Low toxicity; high allowable exposure limit (AEL)
- Non-flammable and non-hazardous
- Chemically stable; will not go acid
- pH neutral
- Compatible with metals, ceramics, non-conducting materials, and most elastomers
Contact Us for Powerful FluoSolv® D-Flux Defluxing Solvent
NuGenTec offers FluoSolv® D-Flux in three package options:
- 55-gal lined metal drums (net wt. 550 lbs.)
- 5-gal lined pails (net wt. 55 lbs.)
- 1 gal amber glass bottles (net wt. 11 lbs.)
FluoSolv® D-Flux is a safer, more cost-effective alternative to nPB and other harsh defluxing solvents. Order today, request a quote
, or contact us
to learn more.
- To the best of our knowledge, this product is California Prop 65 compliant.